One of the very best ways to help Abaconians recover from Hurricane Dorian is to inject money into the local economy. The following businesses and services have reopened — please patronize them whenever you can.
Remember that details such as operating hours are fairly fluid right now. Whenever possible, it’s a good idea to contact companies directly to confirm that info provided here is still current.
- The Abaco Club on Winding Bay, including the new Abaco Yacht Club is open and welcoming guests.
- The Delphi Club, a luxury bonefishing lodge at Rolling Harbour, is open for guests and diners. (Call 242-577-1698 before 2pm for dinner reservations.) Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Pete’s Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) is open Fridays 4pm-9pm (dinner served 6pm-9pm) and Saturdays and Sundays noon until 6pm. Consult their Facebook page or call (242) 577-5487 for menu and updated hours. Credit cards accepted.
- In Cherokee Sound, a restaurant is open in the green house on the shop corner (just down from the gas station.) Open 11am-3pm for lunch and 5pm-9pm for dinner. Call or WhatsApp (242) 458-2191 for daily menu or to order.
- Nancy’s Seaside Restaurant in Sandy Point is open for lunch and (with reservations) dinner. Call Mercy at (242) 475-9413 for more information.
- Oeisha‘s Resort in Sandy Point is open. Call (242) 366-4139 or (314) 664-4106 for more information
- The Sandpiper Inn in Schooner Bay is open. Call (242) 699-2056 or visit their Facebook page for more information.
- Mama D’s Seaside Bar & Grill (Crossing Rocks) is open. Call (242) 807-4005 for further information.
GREATER MARSH HARBOUR (Incl. Dundas and Murphy Towns)
- Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina (Cruise Abaco Base) – Their fuel dock is open and running. The resort has electricity. The Docks and resort are still under construction. General occupancy will commence February 1, 2020 – rooms will be ready but resort will still be under construction as they prepare for grand reopening in April 2020. To inquire about availability of rooms mail email@example.com. For updates, visit their Facebook page.
- Agape Family Dental Center in Marsh Harbour (see below) is scheduled to reopen December 2.
- Appliances Direct Distributors are open for telephone orders. Call (561) 460-5704, WhatsApp at (242) 577-1357 or (242) 577-1356, email firstname.lastname@example.org or message them through their Facebook page.
- Arawak Agency Customs Brokerage – Email email@example.com, call (242) 577-0060 or visit their Facebook page.
- Auto Marine Professionals (located near the airport roundabout across from Pinewoods) is open Monday-Friday 9am to 4pm. For an appointment, call (242) 801-2886.
- Barefoot Car Rentals (on S.C. Bootle Highway, east of the hospital) is open every day from 8am-5:30pm They offer tire repairs, snacks and cold beverages, ALIV devices and top-ups and BTC top-ups. For more info, call (242) 577-7373.
- Bargain Car Rentals (located near the domestic terminal at the Leonard Thompson International Airport.)
- Calypso Hills Hideaways – A 6-room hotel and restaurant, plus car rentals. Call (242) 825-6175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Cherokee Air is up and running. Visit their Facebook page for the latest flights and information.
- Commonwealth Bank is open inside Maxwell’s Supermarket & Home Store. Bank hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-2pm and Friday from 9:30am – 2:30pm. A Commonwealth Bank ATM is also available at Maxwell’s.
- Deuces Liquor Store (opposite St. Francis de Sales school)
- Fresh Fruit Arrangements by Vandea Delivery available for an extra charge. Call (242) 577.8934, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit her Facebook page.
- G&L Ferries — As of November 4, their schedule is as follows.
- Marsh Harbour to Hope Town: 6:30am, 9am, 11am and 3:30pm
- Hope Town to Marsh Harbour: 7am, 9:45am, 1pm and 4pm
- Marsh Harbour to Man-O-War: 6:30am, noon and 4:30pm
- Man-O-War to Marsh Harbour: 8am, 1:30pm and 5pm
- All Marsh Harbour runs depart from the Crossing.
- Charters also available – for more information, contact Grant at (242) 359-6208 or Lyle at (242) 577-0611. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Integrated Medical Center/Dr. Charite is open. Call (242) 367-1304 or email email@example.com.
- Joyce’s Kitchen – serving lunch. Call (242) 432-3684 or (242) 475-3962 for more information.
- Leonard Thompson International Airport is open please see our Transportation Page.
- Maxwell Supermarket and Home Store is open Monday through Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 9am-2pm. (The Chemist Shoppe Pharmacy and the Office Dr. Frank Boyce is open inside Maxwells)
- Pinder’s Plumbing – Call (242) 829-9740
- Skyview Airport Restaurant and Bar at the Leonard Thompson Airport is open. Operating hours per flight schedule.
HOPE TOWN/ELBOW CAY
- Abaco Inn – The inn has reopened to guests. The bar is open and breakfast, lunch and dinner are being served daily. See their Facebook Page for further updates.
- Albury’s Ferry – Operating daily as follows. See their Facebook page for latest information.
- Bike Shop/Hope Town Canvas – See Hope Town Canvas Facebook page for more details.
- Chopping Block is open for haircuts only. Call Monica Cook at (242) 375-9329 for appointment. (November 27th – Note, Monica is off the island and will be for a week.)
- Clinic with Nurse Glori is open at the Yellowbird Cottage across from the fire house
- Elbow Cay Cart Rentals is open for business
- Firefly Restaurant reopens March 2020.
- Getaway Cart Rentals is open for business. Call (242) 357-6672 or (242) 477-5201 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harbour View Grocery is open 3pm to 5pm
- Hope Town Cart Rentals is open. to book a cart, call (242) 458-0442 or (242) 458-2781.
- Hopetown Inn and Marina and Restaurant is re-opening April 2020!
- Island Cart Rentals is open. Call or WhatsApp (242) 577-0317, call (561) 208-8160 or email email@example.com.
- Lighthouse Cart Rentals is open. Call (242) 475-2625 or (242) 475-0218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LVA Grocery is open
- Lighthouse Liquors has reopened at Sip Sip from 2pm – 5pm, Monday through Saturday. (Beer, spirits, juice and sodas available)
- Lighthouse Marina Gas and diesel available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-pm. For further info, call (242) 577-0283 or email email@example.com
- On Da Beach Bar is open
- Vernon’s Bakery & Grocery – Fresh-baked bread and various groceries including milk and fresh produce. Radio him at VHF Ch 16.
- Hibiscus Café – Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. For more info, contact Neil Albury at (242) 577-8007
- Joe’s Studio is open Monday through Saturday 11:30am to 1:30pm. Call (242) 577-0338. (Note: on Thursdays, call ahead to ensure it’s open.)
- Man-O-War Grocery – open Monday through Saturday, 8am-1pm and 6pm-8pm. For more information, contact Haziel McDonald at (242) 577-6449
- MOW Hardware – open mornings, Monday through Saturday
- MOW Heritage Museum and Coffee Shop – open mornings
For the latest Guana Cay news, tune in to “As The Fig Tree Grows” on VHF Channel 11 at 1pm daily.
- Donna’s Golf Cart Rentals – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online at their website.
- Fig Tree Wine & Spirits is open Monday through Saturday 6am-4pm, with a selection of non-perishable items.
- Great Guana Cay Clinic is open Wednesdays and Saturdays
- The Grocery Store is now open Monday – Saturday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Located at Jamie’s Lumber Yard silver trailer.
- Mama’s Take Away is now open for lunch with a limited menu
- Orchid Bay is open for gas and diesel – available metered at the roadside next to their tanks. Gas and diesel can also be taken out to the docks in 100 gallon containers by forklift and pumped from there to boats. Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm. Sunday by appt only. Laundry service is partially open. Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
GREEN TURTLE CAY
- D&P Cart Rentals is open for golf cart and bike rentals.
- The Green Turtle Cay Community Clinic is open 9am-3pm Monday through Friday, and on call evenings and weekends.
- The Green Turtle Club Marina is now open with slips, gas and diesel and water. (Rooms and some villas should be available by March 1st.) Check their website or Facebook page for more information.
- Harbour View Cart Rentals is open.
- Ice available from Mark and Carol Jean Lowe (of Kool Karts).
- McIntosh’s Restaurant and Bakery is open for breakfast and lunch (limited menu.) Dinner coming soon.
- Plymouth Rock Liquors and Café (limited hours, usually mid-day)
- Sid’s Groceries (includes fresh produce, dairy items and some frozen meats)
- Sundowners – Open Fridays and Saturdays for drinks at the outside bar.
- Sunset Marine – Gas and diesel available 7am – 3:50pm
- The Thirsty Turtle (aka Down Through) Hours vary, so check their Facebook page
- Turtle Crawl Café – Open for ice cream and snacks – hours vary so check Facebook pagefor latest information
- Two Shortys is open for lunch (11am-3pm) with a limited menu.
For regular updates from Treasure Cay, visit the Treasure Cay Community Facebook page.
- Fruity Freddie Farms is still producing their great sauces and jellies. For more information, email email@example.com or call (242) 551-7411.
- Rubis Gas Station is open in Treasure Cay
- Treasure Cay Airport is functioning. Bahamasair is flying to and from Nassau to TC, and a number of private planes are landing here. Customs is available.
- Treasure Cay Resort & Marina will rebuild. Stay tuned for all new developments.
- Spanish Cay Resort Fuel is available and the Pointhouse Bar and Restaurant is open with limited hours and menu. Call in advance on VHF Channel 16 or (954) 213-6195. Credit cards accepted. Check their Facebook page for latest updates.
- Abaco Health Services’ Mobile Medical Unit with Dr. James Hull will be visiting communities throughout Abaco according to a weekly schedule, which will be posted on their Facebook page.