One of the very best ways to help Abaconians recover from Hurricane Dorian is to inject money into the local economy. The following businesses and services have reopened — please patronize them whenever you can.
Remember that details such as operating hours are fairly fluid right now. Whenever possible, it’s a good idea to contact companies directly to confirm that info provided here is still current.
Info Below provide by littlehousebytheferry.com
- Abaco Big Bird Poultry Farm – Though Dorian took their chickens and crops, Abaco Big Bird has set up a farm store selling meats, produce, milk, eggs and assorted drinks. They also serve ice cream on Fridays, and are selling ice for $3.50/10lb bag. Open Monday thru Saturday from 1pm to 6pm on South Great Abaco Highway. Check their Facebook page for updates.
- The Abaco Club on Winding Bay, including the new Abaco Yacht Club is open and welcoming guests.
- The Delphi Club, a luxury bonefishing lodge at Rolling Harbour, is open for guests and diners. (Call 242-577-1698 before 2pm for dinner reservations.) Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Pete’s Pub & Gallery (Little Harbour) is open Fridays 4pm-9pm (dinner served 6pm-9pm) and Saturdays and Sundays noon until 6pm. Consult their Facebook page or call (242) 577-5487 for menu and updated hours. Credit cards accepted.
- In Cherokee Sound, a restaurant is open in the green house on the shop corner (just down from the gas station.) Open 11am-3pm for lunch and 5pm-9pm for dinner. Call or WhatsApp (242) 458-2191 for daily menu or to order.
- Nancy’s Seaside Restaurant in Sandy Point is open for lunch and (with reservations) dinner. Call Mercy at (242) 475-9413 for more information.
- Oeisha‘s Resort in Sandy Point is open. Call (242) 366-4139 or (314) 664-4106 for more information
- The Sandpiper Inn in Schooner Bay is open. Call (242) 699-2056 or visit their Facebook page for more information.
- Mama D’s Seaside Bar & Grill (Crossing Rocks) is open. Call (242) 807-4005 for further information.
GREATER MARSH HARBOUR (Incl. Dundas and Murphy Towns)
- AB Architects (Gaetano Bonamy, IBA, RA, Architect, Designer, Developer) is open for business. Call (242) 577-0334 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Abacays Carib Freight has reopened in the CJ’s Welding office. Call (242) 367-6247 or email email@example.com for more info.
- Abaco A & D Trucking is available for hauling containers and flat racks. Contact Peter at (242) 824-1373 or Timothy at (242) 577-1221 for details.
- Abaco Beach Resort & Boat Harbour Marina – Limited rooms and services currently available for recovery groups and NGOs. Their fuel dock is expected to be up and running by beginning of December. General occupancy will commence February 1, 2020 – rooms will be ready but resort will still be under construction as they prepare for grand reopening in April 2020. To inquire about availability of rooms mail firstname.lastname@example.org. For updates, visit their Facebook page.
- Abaco Gas (propane) is open Monday-Friday 8am-2pm. Call (242) 819-5898, visit their Facebook page or email email@example.com for info.
- Abaco Insurance Agency has opened a temporary office at Maxwell’s to assist with underwriting needs only. (Claims still need to be processed through your assigned adjuster.) Office hours are 9am-3pm Monday through Friday. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or see their Facebook page.
- Abaco Tug and Transport – call (242) 807-6055 or email email@example.com
- ALIV‘s mobile truck is selling cell phones and Aliv Internet boxes 10am-5pm Monday through Friday at the government freight dock.
- Anthony’s Refrigeration (by appointment only) (242) 577-5913
- Appliances Direct Distributors are open for telephone orders. Call (561) 460-5704, WhatsApp at (242) 577-1357 or (242) 577-1356, email firstname.lastname@example.org or message them through their Facebook page.
- Arawak Agency Customs Brokerage – Email email@example.com, call (242) 577-0060 or visit their Facebook page.
- Auto Marine Professionals (located near the airport roundabout across from Pinewoods) is open Monday-Friday 9am to 4pm. For an appointment, call (242) 801-2886.
- Barefoot Car Rentals (on S.C. Bootle Highway, east of the hospital) is open every day from 8am-5:30pm They offer tire repairs, snacks and cold beverages, ALIV devices and top-ups and BTC top-ups. For more info, call (242) 577-7373.
- Bargain Car Rentals (located near the domestic terminal at the Leonard Thompson International Airport.)
- Cable Bahamas Business Solutions – contact Leanne Russell at (242) 817-1675 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Chantelle Sands at (242) 801-7923 or email@example.com
- Calypso Hills Hideaways – A 6-room hotel and restaurant, plus car rentals. Call (242) 825-6175 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Central Pines Liquors (in the Teachers and Salaried Cooperative Credit Union Plaza) is open daily 9am-9pm. Credit cards accepted.
- Cherokee Air is up and running. Visit their Facebook page for the latest flights and information.
- Chubs Kitchen (Central Pines) is open – to place an order, call (242) 475-2931 or (242) 808-4264.
- Commonwealth Bank is open inside Maxwell’s Supermarket & Home Store. Bank hours are Monday-Thursday 9am-2pm and Friday from 9:30am – 2:30pm. A Commonwealth Bank ATM is also available at Maxwell’s.
- Computer Creations Available on a mobile basis for now, but will soon open a temporary retail location in MH for sales of computers and accessories, printers, ink and office supplies, as well as a business center for printing, copying and computer and printer use. For more information, call Johnell Curry-Russell at (242) 821-8722.
- Cruise Abaco is accepting reservations for April 1, 2020 on. Check their website to learn more about the available fleet and book your captained or bareboat charter.
- Da Crabman Landscaping and Maintenance – Available for gutting houses and businesses, large tree removal, roof repairs (tarps, ice & water shield, shingles) as well as tree pruning, mowing, and debris removal. Contact Edwin Curry at (242) 559-8062.
- Dale’s Electric Company (Electrician) Call (242) 357-6642 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean’s Shipping – Carrying freight and passengers between Nassau and Abaco. Visit their Facebook page for schedules and information.
- Deuces Liquor Store (opposite St. Francis de Sales school)
- Driftwood Food Company farm stand (on South Ernest Dean Highway, at the trailer with the pallet flags) is open Wednesday and Friday from 4pm-5:15pm, selling fresh greens and produce.
- Fine Living Customs Brokerage – Located at Quality Star, Don McKay Blvd. Call (242) 458-6074 or email email@example.com.
- Frederick’s Agency (Brokerage and trucking) is open at a temporary location inside Maxwell’s Supermarket and Home Store. Call (242) 818-1011 for more info or email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fresh Fruit Arrangements by Vandea Delivery available for an extra charge. Call (242) 577.8934, email email@example.com or visit her Facebook page.
- G&L Ferries — As of November 4, their schedule is as follows.
- Marsh Harbour to Hope Town: 6:30am, 9am, 11am and 3:30pm
- Hope Town to Marsh Harbour: 7am, 9:45am, 1pm and 4pm
- Marsh Harbour to Man-O-War: 6:30am, noon and 4:30pm
- Man-O-War to Marsh Harbour: 8am, 1:30pm and 5pm
- All Marsh Harbour runs depart from the Crossing.
- Charters also available – for more information, contact Grant at (242) 359-6208 or Lyle at (242) 577-0611. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
- Government Complex – National Insurance (Tel: 242-397-7112, open 9am-1pm, M-F), Housing, Business License, Immigration, Administration, Road Traffic and Social Services are available. The labour board is open Wednesdays only. (Not yet open: post office and passport offices.)
- Integrated Medical Center is open in the former Evergreen Mortuary building opposite the hospital. Call (242) 367-1304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Joyce’s Kitchen – serving lunch. Call (242) 432-3684 or (242) 475-3962 for more information.
- K&S Gas Station – serving gas and diesel
- Leonard Thompson International Airport is open, although no major U.S. carriers are flying in at this time — only charter and private flights from the U.S., and Bahamasair and Western Air from Nassau. Charter airlines include: Air Unlimited, AirGate, Island Wings, Island Tyme, and Cherokee Air.
- Lock Doctor (Locksmith) Phone (242) 577-4801
- Lucayan Surveying Company (formerly in Memorial Plaza) is available for surveys. Contact Reggie via Whatsapp at (242) 477 5953 or Victor at (242) 577 5868, or email email@example.com. Cash or direct deposits (U.S. or Bahamian accounts) accepted.
- Marsh Harbour Boatyard is open. Contact at MHBY@live.com
- Maxwell Supermarket and Home Store is open Monday through Saturday 9am to 5pm and Sunday 9am-2pm. (Coming soon at this location: BTC and Cable Bahamas, as well as a pharmacy)
- Megan’s Place (Strachan Drive)
- Ny’s Restaurant (Crockett Drive)
- Park View Variety Store (Murphy Town – down the street from Patrick J. Bethel High School) Open daily from 7am-8pm, carrying various dry goods, fresh produce, toiletries and more. Call (242) 367-6403 for more info.
- Parks & Parks Electrical Repairs and Installation. (Licensed Electrician) Contact Richard Parks at (242) 425-8357
- Pinder’s Plumbing – Call (242) 829-9740
- Premier Importers (Lumber and building supplies) Open 8:30am – 2pm. Located off the roundabout on SC. Bootle Highway. See their Facebook page for latest updates.
- Quality Star Rubis Gas Station (Marsh Harbour) is open daily 7am-4pm.
- The Road Traffic Department has reopened. Road Traffic folks are also available at the “one stop shop” at the government complex.
- Sheva’s Take-Away (Murphy Town) has reopened in their old location
- Shell Gas Station (Dundas Town)
- Shell Gas Station (Marsh Harbour)
- Skyview Airport Restaurant and Bar at the Leonard Thompson Airport is open. Operating hours per flight schedule.
- Spicey’s Kitchen (Murphy Town) is open. Call (242) 699-1185 for details and menu.
- VPI Services & Diesel Specialist (Generator repairs and installation) Contact Vandyke P. Stuart at (242) 825-9223
HOPE TOWN/ELBOW CAY
- Abaco Inn – The inn has reopened to guests. The bar is open and breakfast, lunch and dinner are being served daily. See their Facebook Page for further updates.
- Abaco Marine Mechanics – repairing boat engines, golf carts and generators – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (242) 577-0319
- Albury’s Ferry – Operating daily as follows. See their Facebook page for latest information.
- Bike Shop/Hope Town Canvas – See Hope Town Canvas Facebook page for more details.
- Chopping Block is open for haircuts only. Call Monica Cook at (242) 375-9329 for appointment. (November 27th – Note, Monica is off the island and will be for a week.)
- Clinic with Nurse Glori is open at the Yellowbird Cottage across from the fire house
- Elbow Cay Cart Rentals is open for business
- Firefly Restaurant is open Monday through Saturday
- Getaway Cart Rentals is open for business. Call (242) 357-6672 or (242) 477-5201 or email at email@example.com
- Harbour View Grocery is open 3pm to 5pm
- Home Supplies Monday-Friday, 8am-noon
- Hope Town Cart Rentals is open. to book a cart, call (242) 458-0442 or (242) 458-2781.
- Hope Town Sailing Club: lunch and dinner, Tuesday through Sunday
- IslandBoy Excursions, operated by Francis Charles, is available for boat charters and transport between the Abaco mainland and the cays. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (242) 808-1789.
- Island Cart Rentals is open. Call or WhatsApp (242) 577-0317, call (561) 208-8160 or email email@example.com.
- Imports Unlimited (9am – 12pm, 1pm-4pm Monday through Friday)
- Lighthouse Cart Rentals is open. Call (242) 475-2625 or (242) 475-0218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LVA Grocery (Can anyone give me their hours?)
- Lighthouse Liquors has reopened at Sip Sip from 2pm – 5pm, Monday through Saturday. (Beer, spirits, juice and sodas available)
- Lighthouse Marina Gas and diesel available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-pm. Please check in at the Post Office dock at 9am with jugs clearly marked gas or diesel and your name. Or pull up to the shoreline if you’re in a boat. For further info, call (242) 577-0283 or email email@example.com
- On Da Beach Bar is open and serving a limited menu.
- St. James Methodist Church
- Tanny Key Vacation Rentals (Property management and care-taking) Email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (561) 267-6922
- Vernon’s Bakery & Grocery – Fresh-baked bread and various groceries including milk and fresh produce. Radio him at VHF Ch 16.
- Hibiscus Café – Open for lunch and dinner 7 days a week. For more info, contact Neil Albury at (242) 577-8007
- Joe’s Studio is open Monday through Saturday 11:30am to 1:30pm. Call (242) 577-0338. (Note: on Thursdays, call ahead to ensure it’s open.)
- Man-O-War Grocery – open Monday through Saturday, 8am-1pm and 6pm-8pm. For more information, contact Haziel McDonald at (242) 577-6449
- MOW Hardware – open mornings, Monday through Saturday
- MOW Heritage Museum and Coffee Shop – open mornings
For the latest Guana Cay news, tune in to “As The Fig Tree Grows” on VHF Channel 11 at 1pm daily.
- Caribbean Landscape LTD has doubled its labour and equipment capacity to address local needs for landscaping, maintenance, lighting, clean up, irrigation, hardscape, drainage and design services. Call Brandon at (242) 377-1149 for more information.
- Conch Pearl Estate Management (Property and Home Management) — Contact Charlotte Green at (242) 577-4158 or email@example.com
- Donna’s Golf Cart Rentals – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online at their website.
- Fig Tree Wine & Spirits is open Monday through Saturday 6am-4pm, with a selection of non-perishable items.
- Great Guana Cay Clinic is open Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Free ice is available at the Great Guana Command Center
- The Grocery Store is now open Monday – Saturday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm. Located at Jamie’s Lumber Yard silver trailer.
- Guana Lumber is open and fully operational. Free drinking water available here. To order supplies, contact Jamie at (242) 477-5765 or email@example.com
- Mama’s Take Away is now open for lunch with a limited menu
- Orchid Bay is open for gas and diesel – available metered at the roadside next to their tanks. Gas and diesel can also be taken out to the docks in 100 gallon containers by forklift and pumped from there to boats. Monday to Saturday 8am to 4pm. Sunday by appt only. Cash only at this time. Laundry service is partially open. Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
- Sands Construction – Charles Sands is available to deliver 1,000 gallon loads of water for filling cisterns and can also pick up freight from the landing and deliver to your home. For more information, call (242) 577-0332
GREEN TURTLE CAY
- D&P Cart Rentals is open for golf cart and bike rentals.
- The Green Turtle Cay Community Clinic is open 9am-3pm Monday through Friday, and on call evenings and weekends.
- The Green Turtle Club Marina is now open with slips, gas and diesel and water. (Rooms and some villas should be available by March 1st.) Check their website or Facebook page for more information.
- Harbour View Cart Rentals is open.
- Ice available from Mark and Carol Jean Lowe (of Kool Karts).
- Island Property Management has a few properties available for rent, with more to come. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or (242) 357-6566.
- The Green Turtle Cay Town Council Office is open Monday through Friday, 9am to noon
- McIntosh’s Restaurant and Bakery is open for breakfast and lunch (limited menu.) Dinner coming soon.
- Plymouth Rock Liquors and Café (limited hours, usually mid-day)
- Rhett Roberts (Mini-split A/C cleaning, replacement and installation.) Call (242) 357-6591 or email email@example.com
- Roberts Hardware is open 9am-4:30pm Monday through Friday and 9am-noon on Saturdays.
- Sid’s Groceries (includes fresh produce, dairy items and some frozen meats)
- Shavon’s – household goods, some clothing, etc.
- Sundowners – Open Fridays and Saturdays for drinks at the outside bar.
- Sunset Marine – Gas and diesel available 7am – 3:50pm
- The Thirsty Turtle (aka Down Through) Hours vary, so check their Facebook page
- Turtle Crawl Café – Open for ice cream and snacks – hours vary so check Facebook pagefor latest information
- Two Shortys is open for lunch (11am-3pm) with a limited menu.
For regular updates from Treasure Cay, visit the Treasure Cay Community Facebook page.
- Fruity Freddie Farms is still producing their great sauces and jellies. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (242) 551-7411.
- Rubis Gas Station is open in Treasure Cay
- Treasure Cay Airport is functioning. Bahamasair is flying to and from Nassau to TC, and a number of private planes are landing here. Customs is available.
- Treasure Cay Resort & Marina will rebuild. Stay tuned for all new developments.
- Abaco Pine Spring Water & Ice (delivers throughout Abaco) is open Monday through Saturday 8am – 8pm
- Administrator Mrs. Terrece Bootle-Laing’s office is open
- Cindy’s Kitchen (Fox Town) is open
- Da Valley Restaurant (Fox Town) is open
- Mills Gas Station/Hardware (Cedar Harbour) Phone: (242) 475-8044
- Pinder’s Ferry Service (Crown Haven to Maclean’s Town, Grand Bahama) Departs Crown Haven at 7am and 2:30pm, and departs Maclean’s Town for Crown Haven at 8:30am and 4pm. For more info, email email@example.com or call (242) 441-3069, (242) 557-6624 or (242) 806-0924
- Spanish Cay Resort Fuel is available and the Pointhouse Bar and Restaurant is open with limited hours and menu. Call in advance on VHF Channel 16 or (954) 213-6195. Credit cards accepted. Check their Facebook page for latest updates.
- Abaco Health Services’ Mobile Medical Unit with Dr. James Hull will be visiting communities throughout Abaco according to a weekly schedule, which will be posted on their Facebook page.
- JCI Heavy Equipment and Trucking – (242) 829-3382
- Loader/Tractor Services – Clayton Colebrooke – (242) 471-5148
- M&K Security Services – (242) 577-7702
- Mark Douglas, Taxi #13 – Phone: (242) 577-7702 (Also offering debris removal and home gutting services)
- Russell’s Taxi Service:
- Debbie Russell (Taxi #134) – Phone (242) 805-6419 or (242) 475-3259 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Walter “Lil Russ” Russell (Taxi #130) – Phone (242) 553-7425 or email email@example.com
- Zion’s Landscaping – Rodney Stuart – (242) 475-3062
- Agape Family Dental Center in Marsh Harbour (see below) is scheduled to reopen December 2.
- Seve’s Mobile Storage & Heavy Equipment Services (see below) is scheduled to open in Treasure Cay December 2, serving all of Abaco.